Starpharma Holdings Limited (ASX:SPL)
Polyvalent dendrimer compounds
Starpharma Holdings Ltd is a publicly listed company specialising in the development and commercialisation of nanotechnology. The company is currently capitalised at over $550 million. Starpharma was established in 1996 as a public unlisted company and Ross Dobinson was a founding director, remaining on the Board for 15 years until his resignation in 2012.
TSL was engaged by Starpharma to assist the Company in being spun out from CSIRO’s Biomolecular Research Institute, restructuring its business in a tax-effective way and raising capital for the commercialisation of its intellectual property.
- Advised on IP licensing and corporate structure and helped establish Starpharma as a Pooled Development Fund
- Initially raised over $13 million through two capital raisings
- Assisted with a further capital raising of $22.4 million through an Initial Public Offer at $0.85 per share to list the Company on ASX
- Provided strategic business development advice, shareholder liaison and corporate advisory services
- Recruited the current CEO (Dr. Jackie Fairley – a former employee of TSL)
Starpharma initiated licensing arrangements in the US through a subsidiary - Dendritic Nanotechnologies Ltd (‘DNT’). In October 2006 Starpharma acquired. SPL has subsequently entered a number of commercial licensing arrangements for its intellectual property.
To learn more about Starpharma Holdings Limited visit their web-site
Previous client |